1.8

I have a 15 GB shared plan for over a year. Never gone over limit and had to buy more data until last month. We buy 3-5Gigs extra at $10 a whack which will only last about 5-7 days before TW says weve used it up and must buy more. No explanation why and they offer no usage log...that I know of. They only say I can get my balance by requesting through 611-611, however I get info that says I have a 15gb plan...that I already know about, but no current balance.

Have checked our I-Phone 6 settings and nothing is out of the ordinary.

This appears to be a bait and switch effort by Total Wireless to make a killing on extra data purchases.

Is anyone currently having this problem with TW?

Review about: Total Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Advertised services are economical and convenient.

I didn't like: Little or no help to solve problem.

Comments

Yes. I am having exactly the same problems.

to crewel2bkind #1495584

Im going to pay more $ for unlimited data/talk/text with Straight Talk or Sprint (now has month to month plans). "Savings" w/ TW not worth the hassle.My TW plan renewed a week ago and again are out of data.

It is apparent that some app is a data killer, but don't know what app it is. We just start deleting apps, adjust settings to minimize data loss. We stop using social media on phones.

But somehow we keep eating data. TW provides little info to help.

Yes!!!! I am still waiting for my data refill for April 16 and it is May 11.

I have chatted, texted, and called. Different answer every time. Today, I was told that I used it! Big Joke.

The call and texting service is great.

The data service stinks!!! So does the customer service.

ThornyBrazilianTerrier

I am having lots of problems with them also "you can read my review" I can tell you that even talking to their corporate office about my problem " defective phone" my cim cards keep going out and they are having me send my phone back to get checked and if found bad they will ship another one. My problem is they won't even send one out putting a hold on my credit card until the other one is found bad.

No other way around it and I will be without a phone for at least 1.5 weeks and the phone is under warranty! I will be switching my three lines to a local Sprint store where I can get 3 phones and unlimited for the same price and guess what a local store so if I have problems I can get them taken care of in a timely manner.

AlexTrac
to ThornyBrazilianTerrier #1464890

Hi ThornyBrazilianTerrier. This is Alex from Total Wireless.We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with your device and services.

We'd like to take a closer look into what's going on and ensure there is a resolution for you. Please contact us via chat using this link http://bit.ly/2lFFpmo. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

We will look forward working with you. Thank you.

AlexTrac

Hi. This is Alex from Total Wireless.

I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. Please chat with us through this link http://bit.ly/2lFFpmo so we can check your account and verify your daily data usage. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to AlexTrac #1495581

texting HELP to 611611 is what was done prior to this post. It is apparent that "some app" on our phones is eating data, but have yet to discover it.

We just delete apps, games, etc. and make setting adjustments to minimize data usage, yet we keep going over our 15gigs really fast, like in a week after renewing.If TW could show us a daily account of our usage, that would be helpful to track what is causing excess data loss.Anyway, our problem with excess data usage will become TW's problem when we have to go elsewhere for a better service.TW does not have good customer service.

CS is not accessible and does not provide good or valuable information to users.Going to look for a unlimited plan and pay more money. TW "savings" not worth the hassle.