For many years I was on an Unlimited Data plan with Verizon. I usually used @ 6 Gb per month, with a maximum of 9 or 10 one month.
We recently started using Total Wireless, with a plan that costs $85 and gives us 20 Gb. The first month everything was fine. The second month, halfway thru the month they said we had run out of data. We bought another 5 Gb for $10 and that lasted us the rest of the month.
I'm not sure how that worked, them saying we used 20 Gb in half a month and only 5 or less in the second half. On Jan. 2, 2018 we bought another $85 card and activated it. In the evening of the next day, Jan.
3, my phone said, "No connection". I looked at "Data Usage" on my phone and it showed minimal usage. We texted and called Total Wireless to find out what was up, and my wife talked to 4 levels of people in the company in both the Philippines and Mexico (We live in the U.S.) We were told that we had used 20 Gb in one day and needed to buy more data!
This is outrageous, and I'm not sure how to hold them accountable. I bought the data card at Wal-Mart, so maybe I can complain to them.
Product or Service Mentioned: Total Wireless Phone Plan.
Reason of review: Cutting off service (saying we used data that we didn't).
Monetary Loss: $103.
Preferred solution: Full refund.