1.3K views

Just got Total Wireless two days ago on Samsung s5. Have another s5 wtih Verizon service.

Simultaneous speed test yielded download speeds:

Verizon - 11.32 mbps

Total Wireless - .7 mbps

Multiple test showed similar results with Total never besting 1 mbps at this location. Here are results from multiple tests:

.81, .96, .87, .82.

Total Wireless talks about 4G LTE speed in their website and promotional material. It seems they are delivering something entirely different.

Here is the pertinant paragraph in the Total Wireless terms and conditions:

"All Total Wireless Service Plans provide unlimited voice and text messaging services. Some Service Plans include a fixed amount of high speed data for each monthly plan cycle depending on the plan you purchase. High speed data means data at up to 4G LTE speeds. Actual data speeds are subject to your wireless device's capabilities, coverage available in your area at the time of use, and existing and changing network conditions . . ."

So, they don't really promise 4G LTE speeds, but the inference is there and they do call it "High Speed Data". Not so much

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. garycompton stated that there is a room for improvement of slow upload and upload speed. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss total wireless internet service. Total Wireless needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned total wireless internet service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Total Wireless.

Comments

Almost same exact issue. Straight talk was blazing fase, Total Wireless I'm ecstatic if I can hit 1mbs down.

Most times it's somewhere between .07 and .82mbs. I called tech support (which is an exercise in patience and frustration) and they said "do not use speedtest, but rather open a browser and type in google.com (which I did and it came up). If pages are loading, then it is working".

What I'm going to call them about next, is why I can't use data while on a call.

I get an error message "Mobile Data not available". I noticed that when I go to make a call, 4G LTE suddenly becomes 1x. Someone said you have to have "Advanced Calling" turned on, but for me, it's greyed out (Galaxy S6).

Lastly, I discovered they don't allow for "conditional call forwarding", meaning, that you MUST use their voice mail system and not anything else (ie. Google Voicemail).

Horrible experience with Total Wireless so far.

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States #1269025

Did this ever get resolved? I switched my wife's iPhone from Verizon to Total Wireless and are in the same boat.

From talking to customer service it sounded like I was the first customer to ever not get LTE speeds. What we did notice is that if we switched the phone to 3G we could get up to 2.7 Mbs which is much better than .7 Mbs. They said that it must be an issue with the iPhone SE as everything on their side is set-up correctly.

I'm tempted to swap SIM cards from my employer issued phone with this one and see if my phone drops to .7 Mbs on Total Wireless. To add insult to injury, the Verizon plan I was on is no longer available so I'm looking at even more per month to switch back.

to Pat J #1417168

I just went into my phone's (LG V20) settings and switched network mode from global to LTE / CDMA and it changed my speeds to 12Mbs